Sunday 17 February 2013

BSBP -The soup has arrived!

And what an absolutely fabulous soup sent by Karen of Over the Moon Design sent!

Here's the little box and bags, a look at the gorgeous colours of sari silk I get to play with:

Here's main course :

 

Close up of the bicone beads, I've never seen anything like these before:

 

Look at the colours in these, beautiful:

African jade:

Simply gorgeous Tibetan Agate Barrel beads:

And then she went and spoiled me and sent dessert too!

 

What a beautiful stash! I immediately knew what I wanted to do with the wooden tree, barrel beads and sari silk and I have got lots of ideas for the rest.

You can see that Karen's really thought about colour, shape, texture, size, weight and style. When I made my soup for Karen I spent a long time thinking about colour combinations and relative sizes, all other considerations didn't even enter my wee little mind. I think that really shows the difference between a true artist (Karen) and a wannabe (me).

Tomorrow I'll put up a piccie of the soup I sent Karen and you'll see what I mean. My efforts look so bland compared to Karen's!

This simple excercise of sending and receiving soup has been an eye opener for me. I think I will also put together and sending Karen a dessert using what I learnt from the soup she sent me. I'm off to have a troll around the other paticipating blogs to check out their soups. I'll pop up a list of my faves later in the week.

Tara for now xxx

 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful bead soup that you received-I can't wait to see how you use it. The blog hop has already been a lot of fun just visiting new blogs.
    Linda
    Idalouisejewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so kind to call me an artist. My first foray into bead soup last year taught me so much about design. My two favourite tools are pinterest for inspiration and a colour wheel app on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such original stones and components, love the colors and shapes.
    Curious to see what you'll come up with them :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :-)