Friday 19 July 2013

Pepita's 1st Blogoversary - it's arrived!

Alenka of Pepita Handmade is very generously sponsoring a blog hop to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of her blog :


She has sent several of her beautiful handmade components to 13 different participants all over the world, and here are the lovely things that Alenka has sent out:

Ingredients: two clasps, a pair of yabba-dabba beads, four bars, three connectors and two pendants

Aren't they gorgeous? Such vibrant colours and wonderful shapes. Well, my waiting is over and I received my piece from Alenka earlier this week. All the way from Slovenia to Australia! And here it is!

This is perfect for me! My favourite colours and a gorgeous swirl that brings to mind golden sunsets and autumn swirls of leaves. And it's winter over here so the lush, warm colours of this piece really cheered up the floomy days for me. I took some more pictures to try to capture the beautiful colouring and lovely finish on this piece. I'd love to know how Alenka got the gentle orange glow radiating from the edges to form a slight blush on the surface. It really is sublime.


All I need to to do is to incorporate this piece into a design that really does it justice. If I had two I'd dangle them from my ears for maximum exposure but I think I may opt for something wristy so I can keep looking at it and touching it. I love it, love it love it! I aspire to make something so delicious and so seemingly simple as this is my clay-plays.

Pop back on the 11th August to see what myself and the other participants have created and be sure to explore Alenka's blog for a glimpse of some of her stunning work.

Thanks Alenka! xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :-)