Monday 4 March 2013

What do you do when you've got the blues?

The past few months, and especially the past couple of weeks, have been really draining for my family. Nothing major, just a whole bunch of niggles and problems that have all come at once and I'm starting to feel trapped again. My inner polar bear is pacing it's man-made enclosure and is roaring to bundle my family up and go explore unknown places.

When I feel like this I seem to completely shut up shop, I don't want to see my friends or chat with acquaintances, I don't even want to socialize electronically (hence no blogging or facebook activity) or by written word and, probably worst of all, my need to create 'stuff' leaves me entirely. All the things that could lift me up and give me perspective on just how tiny my problems actually are seem beyond me.

So after a bit of a rough night I'm giving myself a wee shove and putting finger to keyboard. Might just be the push I need to break out of my own shell.

This picture of my son getting soaked and laughing reminds me there are much better things to think about. But any tips any of you may have for lifting my gloom cloud would be much appreciated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :-)