Thursday 13 March 2014

De-Clutter 2014 - Week 11

I've found a fabulius way to get my other half to pitch in with the tidying up! Invite his Mum and Dad for lunch!

 


Together we spent the best part of five hours freeing the dining table and surrounding area of STUFF. Five hours! We haven't been able to use the table since before Christmas.

I haven't got any "before" pictures, but I do have two "after" pictures. The first one shows our huge table pretty much devoid of STUFF. Imaging how much stuff must have been on it before!


And where did all that STUFF go you may well ask???
 

(sigh) This is where a lot of it went:

 
 
Not looking forward to tackling that lot:-(
 
 

 



3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that table could have held a lot of STUFF. Good job clearing it all away but moving clutter does not always eliminate it, does it? Good luck with that pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have seen that table loaded with food for the in-laws :) What a great cause for celebration. Maybe you need to have company once a week. I did a blog on how that works once ( http://otherrambles.blogspot.ca/2011/03/i-could-use-some-company.html ). Like you though, I also have a box of stuff I moved when I cleaned up my desk. Then you saw it sitting on the floor behind me when I cleaned off that box and made it possible to get at my desk. I still have not touched that box. OMG. Maybe that will have to be next. LOL Just don't let your stuff make it back to the table, and you will have succeeded for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh! Looks like it was just a move from one location to another.
    Having said that, I have a box on the table behind my desk, into which I threw all the loose papers on my desk in the old house before we moved, in 2007! This last couple of weeks I have challenged myself to remove one piece of paper (or group of related papers) and deal with them - file, toss, Do. Something. With. which does not involve putting it back into the box, or anywhere else for 'ron. It has sort of worked in that I have skimmed about a third of it off now. I am patting myself on the back, but there is a ways to go yet.
    Good luck in decluttering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :-)